Monday, November 12, 2012

You'll be in Heaven with Season's Harvest Dessert Toppings!

I have a little quirk about me that isn't necessarily something brag worthy.  I love chocolate.  A lot.  I have been known to sit with a jar of hot fudge sauce fresh out of the fridge, spoon in hand, and pretend that it's fudge as I enjoy every delectable lick.


Photobucket

Shhh.  Don't tell my husband.  Every time he accuses me of it, I point to the kids.  No matter what they are being accused of they answer "I dunno" or "wasn't me" anyways, so it's a pretty fool proof  method I have going on here.  
Photobucket


I knew I was in a tad bit of trouble when I received a box of four dessert sauces from Season's Harvest for review purposes.  If you recall, they are the ones that made that sinful Raspberry Apple Salsa I love so well!  
Photobucket



I decided to use my topping for more than just ice cream although if you can tell from this picture of my husband's concoction he enjoyed for 5 nights in a row, it's really good on icecream.


Photobucket



We have a cake in the South we make and since I have a G rated blog, I have renamed it.  These sauces were awesome substitutes in the cake and kicked it up a notch.


Photobucket



Better than Cuddling Cake

1 chocolate cake mix  
1/4 cup of melted butter
3 large organic eggs
1 1/4 cup of whole milk
Sweetened Condensed milk
Jar of Butterscotch Schnapps sauce
Jar of Chocolate Overture Sauce

Mix the cake mix with the butter, eggs and milk and whisk by hand for about 2 minutes until all the ingredients are blended and the batter has gotten thick.  Bake according to box directions

While the cake is hot, poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden spoon.  Pour a whole can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake and allow to sit so the milk can soak in.

Microwave the Schnapps for  a minute or so until it melts and drizzle over the top of the cake.  Let completely cool.  Then ice the top of the cake with melted Chocolate Overture Sauce and allow to cool.  

Serve on a plate with whipped topping and chocolate chips.

After I gave each of the kids and the husband a serving of this cake, I sent the rest to husband's work.  It's just too rich, sinful and good for me to resist for too long, so it had to go!  

These sauces would be perfect either at your Holiday party or dinner.  You can add it to a fondue pot and sit around fresh fruit to dip in it, or have a cool ice cream bar complete with all the sauces for your guests! Hey, you can even buy an entire set to give to someone as a gift!  This stuff is sinfully good!

You can find many other products from Season's Harvest, gain inspiration on thePinterest boards, and keep up with all the latest promotions on Facebook andTwitter

Disclaimer:  I received one or more of the products listed above to facilitate my review.  All opinions are honest, my own, and completely unbiased.  Please do your own due diligence before choosing to purchase from a company. 

38 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..that looks absolutely delicious! I could eat the whole bowl. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how hard it is to not indulge in all this stuff as they just sit here an nosh, sighs. I keep trying to make them all eat healthy, then he makes THIS :D

      Delete
  2. Are you even kidding me with this? omg YUM! And you made me laugh with your confession because I've SO done that too! Hot fudge AND caramel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice the SERVING BOWL of ice cream he ate every night? He'd say, "Thought I'd eat a little bowl of ice cream" lol...I have been known to even slather graham crackers in this stuff just out of chocolate cravings. Thank God Nutrisystem has chocolate brownies and cake so I am not totally dying here

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have no idea, but the husband ate all but the chocolate cherry, so I presume it was slamming!

      Delete
  4. Oh la la...in heaven as I write this. That looks yummy - great for the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kim. I can think of so many things I shouldn't eat for Thanksgiving and Christmas that this would be great with. I think since I am hosting both this year that I may just get more and do it!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I should've clicked on your link!!! I am the biggest sweets fan in the world and I am dying for one of your sundaes right now!!! this is too much temptation for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine how bad it is sitting beside him. You know I am on Nutrisystem, and while I have lost inches, my scales just moved for the first time this morning in a month. I was almost in tears smelling his goodies :D I sent that cake packing!

      Delete
  6. YUM!!! This looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is-at least the ones I had years ago at church. One thing about our Southern Mamas is they can cook. Now you may have to do an extra 2 hours of zumba to work it off, but they do believe in heavy cooking!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Me too Amy! I have never been more thankful for my low fat ice cream sundae that comes in my BBB! It saved me a couple of nights!

      Delete
  8. That's how my husband eats ice cream, these huge bowls! Those look good and love how you renamed the cake LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I just couldn't list the cake on here. I love how at church, when you ask Grandma so and so what the cake is, she says "oh, honey, just try it you will love it!" She never says what it's called lol. I was 19 when I found out, and I blushed so badly!

      Delete
  9. The Better than "Cuddling" Cake sounds delicious! I love different types of topping and the Butterscotch Schnapps sauce and Chocolate Overture Sauce sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It apparently was too good. The kids asked again last night if there was any left and looked so sad when I said daddy took it to work :D

      Delete
  10. That looks delicious. Do you know if there are additives or artificial dyes in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, they are all natural. I am listing one of the ingredient info's here for you to see. While everything in them isn't low fat, it looks pretty straight forward

      All natural ingredients

      Corn syrup, butter, sugar, butterschnapps, soy oil, food starch, salt, vanilla flavor, butterscotch flavor, xanthum gum, butter flavor.

      Delete
  11. Oooooooh my goodness... Butterscotch Schnapps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's like having a buttery nipple right on your chocolate cake. What's the downside of that?

      Delete
  12. delicious! Especially the peanut butter fudge! my husband would love that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he all but licked the jar clean, so I know it was so good

      Delete
  13. Wow, they sound awesome and look super yummy! i want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummy I want some of that cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super simple to make...just add toppings!

      Delete
  15. Those look fantastic!! I am a HUGE chocolate fan myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I think Chocolate is the perfect food group all rolled up into one!

      Delete
  16. That looks so good!!! We usually have chocolate syrup on hand for ice cream, but that looks so much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yummy! It was so hard not to do more than taste each one once...

      Delete
  17. this sounds amazing..i love chocolate
    flyergal82 AT (yahoo) /dot/ %com^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This we have in common! Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  18. Yum, sounds so good! I wish I had some and a spoon right now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would be great to sit and just enjoy with a spoon! Also, Chef Lynn made fudge with a Vanilla sauce from them and said it was to die for!

      Delete
  19. wow this looks so good

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!