Monday, December 3, 2012

Diet Doc Review


It's no secret that I have been working hard to lose weight for the last 4+ months, and my husband is working on toning down and bulking his muscle.  I know that sounds like an odd combo, but his doctor is advising him on how to do it.  I am working hard to help him keep his meals low calorie, yet high in protein.

So when I was presented with the opportunity to try out Diet Doc, I thought this would be a perfect solution for him.  Diet Doc follows the HCG principal which I had heard of before but really didn't know much about.  What is HGC?  HCG is the hormone that rises rapidly during pregnancy.  The concept is that even malnourished pregnant women can deliver healthy babies because the HCG mobilizes fat stores to nourish the baby.

Photobucket
This concept is now used for weight loss.  People are taking HCG and combining it with a 500 calorie a day diet and seeing awesome results.  While neither of us opted to go on a 500 calorie a day diet, my husband did see some impressive results the week that he ate the Diet Doc soup.  He lost around seven lbs by combining his workout with a lower calorie diet, and of course eating the soup as his mainstay.

We tried the Diet Doc Hot & Sour soup, and while it isn't exact to the soup you eat at your local Chinese restaurant, it is very delicious which surprised me for something so low in fat.  I had to add a few items to the mix such as water, 3 oz low fat chicken breast, a condiment or two and boil it.  It was that easy, and I was surprised at how filling it was.

I am not positive that such a restrictive diet is the way to go for me or Matthew, but I do know that if you are interested in the HCG diet, Diet Doc definitely has the products to make your diet journey an easy success!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



13 comments:

  1. 500 calories? That part of the plan seems pretty unhealthy to me. I'm glad you opted not to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda agree on this one. This was definitely not a diet for us. However, I can say the soup tasted really great, and since it was just seasonings, chicken and water, it's pretty healthy alone. I just am more into trying to eat healthier, not restricting..but I know it's a huge diet fad right now

      Delete
  2. I have heard of people losing weight on the HGC program. I'm glad you didn't opt for the 500 calorie option, that just doesn't seem healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that. I think their products are awesome, even if you just add them to your daily habits. IT's really a soup starter, you had healthy chicken, so it's a win win I think. I just am not so gung ho for that low of a calorie...We have been trying to follow what the doctor is telling my husband and it's pretty high calorie compared, yet really healthy

      Delete
  3. UMMMM, mix thoughts about this. I'm always looking for foods high in protein and not fat. Not a dieter here, but someone who tries to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat a very high protein diet right now. Nutrisystem promotes mostly protein snacks, and I add in a lot of protein "extras" to each meal. Seems like two. 1 whole egg, or 1 cup of yogurt, one cup of milk, 1 can of tuna, etc is one extra. My husband just goes protein most of the way including shakes twice a day!

      Delete
  4. 500 calories... that is some heavy stuff there. I guess for short term weight loss but it seems unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be thin, but this is a will power I just don't have. Plus I have these super cool scales that tell me how many calories I need to eat a day to lose my weight in a year, but with Nutrisystem I am always 1000 calories under, how wild is that! That's a whole lotta more healthy food to eat in a day.

      Delete
    2. I should have specified I am NOT eating that extra 1000 calories, but I love how my scales tell me

      Delete
  5. WOW!! I could never just do 500 calories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either. Unless we were to eat out someplace like a mexican restaurant here in the South, I have a hard time eating too many calories too. But 500? I would be hungry all the time

      Delete
  6. that is really not enough calories for one person.. this sounds a little extreme as a diet... you cannot jeopardize health when dieting i believe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that's why we opted for my husband to try it in a lower calorie diet. He still saw success, and I think it WAS because the food they sent is such a low calorie protein meal.

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!