Monday, December 17, 2012

Frosty Kiss Cookies Recipe-The Perfect Last Minute Gift Idea!


Pin It

Frosty Kiss Cookie recipe:


Great Grandma Bowen's Christmas Cookies

1/2 cup plus 2 tbs  sugar from Aldi's
3/4 cup butter from Aldi's (NOT margarine-cookies won't turn out right)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/13 cup plus 2 tbs flour sifted
1 large egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of candy cane cookie Hershey Kisses or regular Hershey Kisses




Sift together flour, salt,  and baking powder and set aside

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg, vanilla and thoroughly mix

Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until completely combined.

Here is where the recipe deviates

I roll 1-2 inch balls out of the dough and put a thumb print in the middle of each ball on a greased cookie sheet.  In the thumb print of each cookie place an unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.  Let cool about five minutes before moving them to a cooling rack and enjoy!

The end result?  Complete and total yumminess!

11 comments:

  1. I would love to eat some fabulous cookies like that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. The kids have four sets of Grandparents, so I always let them make various cookies to give to them!

      Delete
  2. These are my favorite kisses for cookies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look so good! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I found your site from Little House Living link up party!

    I am now following you on your blog, facebook and G+!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried your Google + and it didn't work. You might want to check it! thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Plus one button or link to add me to your Google Circles? The Plus one button is working for me

      Delete
  5. I love snickerdoodle variations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, one of my favorite cookies is snickerdoodles

      Delete
  6. Those look so darn good!!! And I just picked up a bag of those kisses....hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So run back out and grab a tube of cookie dough, some candy canes, and crush them into the dough, viola! Hey, I'm watching Semi Homemade so my taste buds are craving yumminess

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!