Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stay attuned to UV Rays Even on Cloudy Days with Sunny BeadZ

It's no secret that I am from a long line of Irish.  With that comes some wonderful things, and some things that might not seem so wonderful. For example two of my children have the palest skin imaginable, and one of them has a million freckles and blond hair that highlights a beautiful strawberry color in the sun.

We always have to use 100 SPF, and even then these poor children burn after being in the sun for an hour.  While we are all susceptible to the damages of  UV rays, it can be really bad for people with really fair skin.


Photobucket

The makers of Sunny Sleevez has created a stylish color changing jewelry, Sunny Beadz which features color changing beads.   What is unique about them in my opinion is that these beads are only based on UV rays, not temperature.  What does this mean?  That you are alerted to the cancer causing UV rays even on cloudy days when the UV rays are often higher than on sunny days.

Photobucket
We received a super cute pink and white bracelet for review purposes, and I was amazed at how quickly it changes colors upon going outside!  So this bracelet definitely does everything it says it's going to, all while being really cute!

Photobucket

You can check out more products on the Sunny Sleevez website, and don't forget to follow them on Facebook so you can stay abreast of all their latest promotions!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

31 comments:

  1. Those beaded bracelets are awesome and I love that they are UV free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute! And for my daughter really a help.

      Delete
  2. Oh my kids would love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need these for our vacation coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter now wears them all the time because she can literally get burned even during the winter she is so fair!

      Delete
  4. That is marvelous! My child happens to be like 100 shades darker than me (her father's Hispanic... totally cheating they are!), but I'd love one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great for even darker skinned kids too because UV rays seem to love us all whether it burns us or not I think. My niece has a nice tanned complexion all year long, but I still make her use Sunscreen when we go to the beach :D

      Delete
  5. what a neat products! Reminds me of the t-shirts that do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make SleevZ too which I think are similar. I know they cover your arms to keep them safe

      Delete
  6. Such a great idea - rays are dangerous and we often aren't aware they are present

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... we don't often think about the potential cancer we could get on a cloudy day!

      Delete
  7. These are so cute! My niece would just love them. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well isn't that neat. My skin is fair, so I need to watch it....and yes even when it's cloudy. Thanks for into...it's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, Kim. I think they are a neat product

      Delete
  9. Oh WOW, this is so cool! I am heading to the site NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have fair skin and so do my guys! What a great product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the kids are really loving how cool it is. Color changing jewelry is super cool!

      Delete
  11. Super cool!!! for the little girls this is an amazing bracelet to have as I am sure they will love such piece of jewelry that changes colours... and a really amazing stocking stuffer for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love putting this kind of stuff in stockings. It's a little unique, and always gets lots of use!

      Delete
    2. Those are the best kinda gifts! Stockings are the best part. These would be perfect!

      Delete
  12. I can't even be in the sun for 5 minutes without burning. I think I would turn into a pile of ashes if I attempted to be in it for an hour! :D Great bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting idea. These would be so helpful to many parents of small children and grandchildren. Once someone in your family faces skin cancer, we all must be alert to the possibility for others in our family. This is a helpful product.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really cute. I think too many people forget about the harmful rays that are in the sun and skin cancer. Thank you for the wonderful review!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting product and so used friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cool, I also get sunburned really easily :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an amazing idea! I too am Irish and my daughter has flaming red hair with pale, pale skin. I'm constantly worried about her, especially on cloudy days playing outside. Even though we're religious about putting on sunscreen, these bracelets would be awesome to have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is really neat! A great way to keep my kids safe in the sun and know when they really need sunscreen! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable. I wish I had this as a kid

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!