Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Wild Crazy Life in '13!

I am sure that some of you have missed me of late, and that would be because I really haven't posted in a couple of weeks.  It wasn't planned, really.  It started off as what I thought was a case of food poisoning from eating out, but turned out to be a virus. While sick as a dog, I had to clean my whole house while Dear Husband worked to prepare for round one of visitors who insisted on coming to "help me"  visit even though I nicely asked for a rain check!

By the time the stomach ailment portion of this wonderful gift had left and the fever, chills, aches, pains and chest congestion/asthma flair up had set in, I had a house full of guests for 3 days.  Add to this I had to travel 12 hours in a span of 3 days (yes, the guests rode along for giggles), followed by cleaning my now filthy house, resting for 1/2 of a day, and round two of guests showed up.  Thankfully, I was feeling much better by now, just my asthma refusing to simmer down, and I was able to enjoy round two much more than expected!


Why did I tell you all of this?  Because I learned something!  I learned that even though I was busier in my actual life than I have been in months, I was reminded how important family is!

I have spent a lot of time thinking about my blog, and how I want it to progress in 2013.  My conclusion?  I will be blogging, but likely doing fewer reviews and giveaways.  I will still do them, but I will be more selective, and not doing as much work.  I really miss mommy/cooking blogging.  Don't get me wrong, I truly love and get a lot of joy out of hosting giveaways.  However, I want to have time to also write about things that I love such as my recipes or children, so I am going to be "getting back to the basics" more.

I truly hope I don't lose readers because of this since each of you are responsible for the success of my blog.  I just want to be able to have time to blog about various things, great products included, but not have reviews/giveaways take over my life/blog.

It's amazing that I haven't once had to tell my kids to "hold on" because Mama's working in the last two weeks, and that nagging guilt or stress to get it all done in a day hasn't been present.  I officially say goodbye to the stress knot in my chest and say hello to more fun family times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!