Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide: Bébé Confort Easy Clip Bottle and Silicone Teat

Pin It
 
Holiday Gift Guide photo Holidaygiftguide_zps3dc10b2c.jpg

Breastfeeding can be a challenge at best.  With my last son, there were a lot of products on the market to select from to help make breastfeeding a success, but with my first son 15 years ago, there weren't so many.  Add in the fact that I was completely naive and basically learning on my own, and it was pretty much a disaster waiting to happen.  I think if I had more products to help me, or maybe were more informed about the products available, I would have had a better go at it the first time! 

 photo BebeConfortcollage_zps7ebe7134.jpg
 
Maxi-Cosi, a premier European company that has been supplying moms with natural feeding products  and car restraining systems for over 75 years is now available here in the US for the first time ever!  (Read more about the Maxi Cosi Car restraining seats here)  


 photo BebeConfortlogo8312_zpscab57ef9.jpg
Bébé Confort is BPA free and has nipples shaped just like the mother's breast so that babies can naturally go from breast to bottle better.  As a matter of fact, 80% accept the nipple on the first try which any nursing mother will tell you is NOT true of your typical bottle!  


 photo bebeconfort_zpsf2ee9182.jpg
The Bébé Confort Teats feature a Dual Air System™ which control air and flow rate.  This allows the baby to control the rhythm he/she feeds to literally reduce colic and acid reflux.  As a mom who has experienced both with different children, I can tell you this is a HUGE plus in my book! One last feature of the bottle that is truly different from any bottle I have ever purchased in the US is that the lid of this bottle clips on instead of screwing.  It took me several tries to figure out how to effectively do this without spilling the liquid in the bottle, but I can be technically challenged at best on most good days!

My personal opinion of these bottles is that I love them.  I love that they promote breast feeding which is truly the best thing for our little darlings, and I love that they control air flow to reduce colic and acid reflux. If you have ever had your baby turning blue and unable to breathe from choking on acid reflux as I did with my 3rd child, you will know the true value of something that can literally save their life.   I would be a little nervous at first clipping that lid on in the middle of the night while I am trying to keep my eyes open, but most babies prefer the breast at night anyways! 

 photo DSC00580_zps13a7c9a4.jpg

Additionally you can purchase Bébé Confort Teats in slow, medium, fast, cereals, and variable flows so that the bottle literally grows with the needs of your baby! 


 photo DSC00583_zps411f29e3.jpg

 Bébé Confort Bottle Accessories:

  • Travel Formula Container
  • Bottle Brush

Easy Clip™ is available in the below sizes:

  • 5 oz.
  • 9 oz.
  • 9 oz. with handles
  • 12 oz.
  • 5 oz. transition cup
You can gain access to the retailers who exclusively carry this line of bottles and teats on the Maxi-Cosi Facebook Tab so that your baby can also have these time-tested, European mother approved bottles! 

Disclaimer:  I received a product to facilitate my review, but I received no further compensation.  All opinions listed were not affected in any way and are 100% honest.

46 comments:

  1. Hmm.... I had the hardest time getting either of my girls to take a bottle- they flat out refused! I don't know what I would have done if I had to go back to work. These look like they'd be great for a breastfeeding mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back at 3 weeks with my youngest. My husband stayed home for 2 years, and it was so hard. Fortunately he switched back and forth from bottle to breast well

      Delete
  2. I've gone through so many different types of bottles with my two boys. My first had colic, and while I tried several different kinds, nothing seemed to help. My second never had colic, but we had a hard time getting him to take a bottle at around 4 months of age...we finally did find one, but I can't say it's my personal favorite. These sound like they may work well for those babies that are breast fed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My babies are older now, so I can see how great the nipple is shaped, etc and the statistics speak for themselves, but unfortunately, the baby factory is closed, so I will never test breast back to bottle again. My milk dried up already

      Delete
  3. I unfortunately never breast fed. Now I wished I would have. Neither of my children had any problems like colic or anything I just think breast fed babies are more healthy. Of course when my children were small we didn't have the variety the women do today. So glad for advancements in baby products. These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did breastfeed each of my children for various time frames, but ultimately all but the third ended when I dried up. Can't make milk long enough apparently!

      Delete
  4. With that 80% statistic on the success of babies accepting these nipples, I will definitely have to recommend this to my best friend who just had a baby girl. She just turned two months old and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with the bottle that she tried to introduce her to recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a shot! I know breast is usually best, but you have to leave a bottle if someone else watches them for a bit, so I know a bottle is super important

      Delete
  5. Wish I knew about these when I was breastfeeding. I had a hard time getting the baby to latch on. But these look similar to nuk and nuks my daughter didn't like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are similar to nuks. I think though that nuks are way bigger. These are small like a regular nipple just with that flatter side that happens when a baby sucks. She may well have fallen in the 20%, and unfortunately with babies, it's always like playing the lottery on whether they will like something!

      Delete
  6. these bottles look wonderful! I had never heard of them til now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cool and they are the same size around as most bottles, so I am sure you can put them in a baby warmer which would eleviate my fear of snapping the lid on in the night

      Delete
  7. I wish they'd had these when my kids were babies! I like that they grow with your babies to fit different needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that ultimately save so much money? None of my bottles converted to a sippy, but if they had, I would never have bought $6+ a pop sippy cups that forever get lost and many leak like the devil!

      Delete
  8. Wish I knew about these when I was breastfeeding. I had a hard time getting the baby to latch on. But these look similar to nuk and nuks my daughter didn't like..I also have a friendenmie that could use these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be perfect for the friend. I am from the time frame of babies when Avent was your only breastfeeding option. It was okay, but boy things have evolved and for the better!

      Delete
  9. Wish I knew about these when my daughter was a baby. She would breastfeed ONLY. I tried pumping and giving her bottles to no end, but she just refused. I tried every nipple I could get my hands on too but no matter how "natural" they said they were, she would have none of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some babies just prefer mommy. I remember with my first son standing in bathroom stalls nursing him. There just weren't facilities back then to nurse, and I would have died before I nursed at a table in public. I have no issues with others doing it, but a I would have died if my cover slipped :D

      Delete
  10. Had my grandchildren been still using bottles, I would have tried this My daughter had lots and lots of trouble finding the perfect bottle since she breastfed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babies are so unique. Each one has their finickyness and just has to be a certain way about things. My 3rd child had a hand knitted blanky that her piggies would go through the holes. She couldn't sleep with out it :)

      Delete
  11. I havenot breast fed either of my Kids. They have always had a cloic problem while they were on Formula. I am liking the shape of the nipple .Its just like human teats...No bottles now as my Kids ae grown now.but these actually look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great to remember when the kids have kids. I did both formula and breastfeeding because I dry up eventually, but the babies fortunately took both for me

      Delete
  12. I love that this nipple controls the flow rate. I remember my babies choking because the holes were to big or the flow was too fast. It's great that the companies have become more aware of the needs of babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is super important. Even if they don't choke, taking in milk too fast can cause gas/colic which is unbearable for baby AND caretaker :D

      Delete
  13. Shape of the nipple is nice and it controls the flow,,thus resulting in less air getting in with formula..So less colic problelem for kids n mommies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just saying this is so important! Nipple flow can really gas up a baby and you won't know it because they are sipping away just fine! It should take 20+ minutes to eat

      Delete
  14. ohh i like this bottle !:) i'm so picky with my bottles !! !

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This company even makes the transition cup. That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the hardest time finding a bottle that my little guy will take! The Bébé Confort looks like a great one for us to try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hard finding a good bottle! These look good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I have ever seen a bottle with handles. Didn't know they made them. This is an interesting company for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's nice to have all the cups you need at one place!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am only wondering one thing about these bottles. If you snap/clip the lid on wouldn't it be more likely to leak? Just thought about that today and was thinking how eventually sippy cups leak after you snap/clip the lids on. Just something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the easy to snap clip on the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sound like a great bottle, I've been past that stage for 3 years. I like to ratio of accepting this nipple we had that problem with our boys. Kept feel like we were wasting money.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hopefully if my daughter is blessed enough to get pregnant again we will be getting some of these bottles. She breast feeds so these will be great to have when then the transition begins or when she has someone babysit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kinda wondering why they went with a 9 ounce bottle instead of the typical 8 ounce. Usually my kids and grandchildren drank either 2,4,6, or 8 ounces. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was terrible feeding our son with a bottle! These might have helped!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These bottles appear to be quality baby items

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always look for BPA free but I think most everything is now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This odd bottle size makes doing the math hard.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just wondering if these come in different colors or just in the blue. I would want a pink/purple or a girlie color if I had a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The easy clip bottle has nice features

    ReplyDelete
  31. I had a hard time finding a bottle that worked for my daughter. She had colic and had a hard time getting comfortable with a bottle. This looks great! I am having another baby in March so I am glad to have learned about these.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!